When you think “healthy breakfast” … what’s one of the first foods that pops into your mind?
If it’s a smoothie, you’re not alone!
Smoothies are a quick and easy option when you want something cool and refreshing … and I’ve got a spicy-sweet protein-boosting recipe that I think you’ll love.
It also makes a great post-workout choice.
FROZEN GRAPE TIP: Wash and dry the grapes thoroughly then spread them out on a freezer-safe sheet pan. Put the pan in the freezer until the grapes are frozen (about an hour). Then you can transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag.
Freezing grapes separately can help stop them from freezing together.
Pineapple Green Smoothie
● 1 cup (150 grams) chopped fresh or frozen pineapple
● 1 cup (30 grams) packed chopped spinach
● 1 cup (95 grams) green grapes, frozen
● Juice of ½ lemon
● 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
● 1 tsp ground flaxseed
● 1-2 Tbsp your milk alternative, water, or coconut water, as needed
● ½ to 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add liquid (milk alternative, water, or coconut water) as needed if the mixture is too thick.
Pour into a glass and drink up!
Here’s another frozen grape tip: they can make a great snack if you are craving something cold and sweet.
Hope you enjoy this one!