We’re in the last lap of 2023 — and if you want to end the year with a giant exclamation point of accomplishment, there’s ONE THING you can do:
Zero in on your “Sphere of Control.”
That means focusing on things you actually have control over, like:
● Your actions
● Your mindset
● Your effort
… And letting go of everything else.
Here’s a graphic that shows how this sphere works:
When you focus on the things you control, you move FORWARD toward your goals.
A few health and fitness examples of your sphere of control:
● Your workouts
● The quality of the food you eat
● Your performance and consistency
Plus, your efforts in your “things you can control” circle carry a bonus. They can power the “things you can influence” by helping you make gains there, too.
Some health & fitness-related examples in your sphere of influence:
● Setting up your bedroom so it’s cool, dark, and quiet, to help you get a great night of sleep
● Being consistent with your workouts and nutrition, to lose weight or get into shape
● Keeping an up-to-date calendar (including time for workouts and self-care), to stop your schedule from getting out of control
There are also things you can’t control or influence, no matter how hard you try! To name a few: the weather, the passing of time, and your genetics.
It’s much better to work WITH those things than drive yourself nuts trying to control them.
I do a quick scan of my “sphere of control” every few months. It helps me streamline my thinking so I can focus on the things that I can do to move me forward, faster.
Right now, for me, that means planning ahead when it comes to my business, carving out time for myself, and blocking off time for a full, uninterrupted workout (instead of squeezing them in).
What does it mean for you? What are your top 2-3 actions to put on “repeat” for the rest of the year?