Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful day with your family and loved ones.
We appreciate you and having you as a part of our amazing community!
As the holidays are now in full swing, in order to help you celebrate but STILL stay on track with your goals …
I’ve got a quick list of healthy swaps – and my #1 swap might even come in handy today!
This is the time of year we tend to eat more than usual … and the foods we eat also tend to be richer and more calorie dense than normal, too.
Talk about a double whammy for your energy, digestion system, and (yes I am going to say it) your waistline!
By all means, enjoy your “worth it” favorites this year … but you can offset those with a few healthy swaps for foods you won’t even think about tomorrow.
7 Healthy Swaps This Holiday Season
● Fresh steamed green beans instead of green bean casserole
● Mashed cauliflower, squash, or sweet potatoes instead of mashed potatoes
● Baked cinnamon apples topped with coconut cream instead of apple pie
● Hummus instead of a cheese ball
● Creamy nut or oat milk in your eggnog instead of cream
● Zucchini noodles in your soup or stew instead of conventional pasta or potatoes
● Medjool dates or fruit instead of holiday candy or cookies (portion sizes still matter!)
…. And my FAVORITE swap?
Go for a walk instead of crashing on the couch after you eat.
Going for a light walk (even a short one) after you eat will help reduce blood sugar and insulin levels…
And it may also help with digestion.
I hope these swaps help you feel and move better this holiday season.
It’s the little things we do every day that add up to BIG results!